Recessed Lighting

Hi, I'm installing some recessed can lights in the kitchen. The drywall on the ceiling is completely removed, so I have clean access to the

2x8 joists. The normal size can lights are 8 inches tall, so when they're installed flush with the drywall, the top touches the ceiling. Is that ok, or do I need to buy the "low profile" cans that are only 4-5 inches tall?

Thanks for any information. This is a great Usenet group.

Reply to
TrueWest

Roy Mottola

Reply to