Recessed light white trim yellowed

Ten years ago I had 4" Halo recessed fixtures installed in my kitchen. The trim kits are part #993W, featuring a white Coilex baffle and white metal trim ring. I've used 55W halogen PARs in these fixtures.
The metal trim ring has yellowed significantly in comparison to both the interior Coilex and my freshly painted white ceiling. Halo replacements are out of my budget ($30+/- each and I need 9), especially if I'm only going to get ten years out of them before they're yellowed again. Reflector styles are a bit cheaper ($25) but I still have the white trim issue. (Thought maybe these would throw more light and I could get away with a lesser wattage, too?) There are some other brands out there that are under $10 each but I'm uncertain about compatibility with the Halo fixture.
I've considered painting the metal trim rings but am concerned paint would not withstand the heat well.
Anybody else ever dealt with this issue? Is it just to be expected?
Thanks. ~Jacy
Add pictures here
✖
jacy wrote:

Clean them up, but a can of spray paint and paint them. The factory didn't use special paint on them and trim rings really don't heat up very much.
Add pictures here
✖
jacy wrote:

We've repainted the same rings outdoors, which are about 40 y/o. I used Rustoleum gloss enamel to repaint equally old range hood a couple of years ago - looks brand new. Preval sprayers are nice for small jobs and do better job than spray cans, IMO. The rings are below the light, so shouldn't be very warm.
Add pictures here
✖
<jacy> wrote in message

I would sand them down lightly and use high temperature white paint. I've done it with Lightolier 1105 trims, where the lamps are closer to the baffle than on a Halo 993, and it's held up fine
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 4, 4:41 pm, jacy wrote:

I painted white 4" cans and rings maybe 8 years ago with just flat latex ben moore, I use the small 55w halogens and nothings has happened. On mine there is maybe 1" airspace but even steam radiators I use latex on. Id say wash and paint with the ceiling paint
Add pictures here
✖
<jacy> wrote in message

I install the H99's with the 993 trim occasionally. Try going to an electrical supply house. They may give you a good deal for nine. I think Home Depot has them cheaper than $30.00 a piece. There are much cheaper trims out there, however I don't use them as they tend to yellow greater and faster then the real McCoy.
As RBM suggested an alternative would be high heat paint. The halogen bulbs produce a lot of heat.
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks to all for the replies. It was exactly what I was hoping to hear. I think I'll try first with my ceiling paint as it'll give me the best match.
~Jacy
Add pictures here
✖