Recessed light shorts out when bulb is installed

Hello all,
I'm doing a simple update of replacing an existing light fixture with a recessed fixture. The wireing is simple (black to black, white to white and bare wire to ground on box). It all seems to go well until I install a bulb to test. Installing the bulb causes a short and and the burned area is on the top of the can where the ceramic socket is helded on with a screw. Can this just be a faulty socket? I had 2 different fixtures do the same thing while a 3rd works fine.
Thanks, Brad
Turn of the power, disconnect the fixture, visially inspect it, my bet is it twisted round and round and shorted. bhudson wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

. Agree. May need to install new lamp socket, use a ceramic one if possible.