Recess light housing for remodeling

I see that there are some recess light housing designed for remodeling, so you just cut a hole say 6" in diameter, hook up the MC cable, then push the housing up and it will lock into the ceiling sheetrock with the clips, see picture link below:

My question is once the clips snaps in place and the housing is installed, is it still possible to remove it? Is the clip unlockable from the inside of the can, or you have to go up to the attic or cut a hole next to it to reach in to remove it?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
nmbexcuse

Every one I've used could be unlatched easily. Too easily in fact. The latches on the units sold at the big box stores are incredibly flimsy and probably 1 in 12 will unlatch themselves at least once before the installation is done. Just go to the borg and look at the fixtures and you will see how the latches are meant to work.

Reply to
John McGaw

Thank you that is a great idea. I did not think of going there to look at it up close and personal.

Reply to
nmbexcuse