Receptacles in one room don't work

The weirdest thing happened in our sunroom, and we can't figure out what's wrong. Any input is appreciated!

A few days ago, all the receptacles quit working. The ceiling fan and light works though. This sunroom used to be our covered patio and when it was a patio, there were two receptacles that were put in when the house was built. When we added the sunroom, two more receptacles were put in, but they are connected to a receptacle in the adjoining bedroom (the receptacle in the bedroom works just fine). So in other words, there are four receptacles in our sunroom, two of them get their electricity from one source, the other two get theirs from another source. These two sources are working just fine, yet neither one of the four receptacles in the sunroom works, and they quit working one from day to the next.

Where should we start trying to figure out what the problem is?

Thank you to everybody for their (hopefully helpful) expert opinion! Angela

Reply to
germaninal

Phil Munro

And if that isn't it, the sunroom may be blessed with El Cheapo backstabber outlets or (shudder) aluminum wiring. Remove the backwired outlets and reinstall using the screw terminals and that will solve one problem. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Or it may be a GFI somewhere else, like the breaker box (or even a breaker) or in a bathroom, kitchen garage etc. Look for all the GFI's. That is the most likely problem.

As noted by Joe, it may also be a bad connection at any one of the outlets, or even the fan switch or an outlet in another room. (note that outlet may still be working.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan