Recall on PEX water pipes?

While I'm on the subject of water pipes -
Is there a recall on PEX water pipes?
I'm hearing that some people are suing because their PEX piping system is failing at the connection points. Costing them thousands to rip it out of their new homes and replace it.
Might only be for the hot water lines.
Home Guy wrote:

Search for "KITEC" fittings.
Oren wrote:

You'd better join that class action.
Unless there are several fundamentally different non-copper / non-steel water piping systems, it seems that all plastic/aluminum piping systems are made by the same manufacturer, and PEX, IPEX, and KITEC all use the same underlying technology and defective compression fittings.
---------- In summary, defective fittings were installed for many years throughout the American southwest, leading to class-action lawsuits. The fittings can be identified in several ways but only a qualified plumber can say with certainty if they are Kitec ----------
Unless -
Does anyone know if Pex / IPex connectors are *different* than Kitec?

I think there was also a case quite a few years ago. We built a house in '99 that had a water manifold system that used PEX. The plumber made a point of telling us the pipe and connectors he used were not the ones subject to earlier publicity and suits. Lived there 9 years and no issues.
RonB