RECALL: Floor Electrical Outlets

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 18, 2007 Release #07-159
Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 636-1531 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772 CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
Lamson & Sessions Recalls Floor Electrical Outlets Due to Shock or Electrocution Hazards
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of product: Carlon(r) Drop-In Floor Boxes
Units: About 100,000
Manufacturer: Lamson & Sessions, of Cleveland, Ohio
Hazard: The recalled floor boxes are wired incorrectly resulting in reverse polarity. This poses a shock or electrocution hazard to consumers.
Incidents/Injuries: Lamson & Sessions has received one report of an incident with the recalled floor boxes. No injuries have been reported.
Description: The drop-in floor boxes are used to provide an extra electrical outlet in the floor. They were sold under the Carlon(r) brand name and have a brass finish cover approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter. "Carlon" is stamped into the plastic above the receptacle and the model number is located to the left of the receptacle. Model numbers E971FBDI and E971FBDIB are included in this recall.
Sold at: Homecenters, hardware retailers and electrical distributors nationwide between January 2005 and March 2007 for about $35.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately unplug anything that is plugged into the floor box and contact Lamson & Sessions to determine if their floor box is included in the recall. Consumers with recalled units will receive a free repair.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, call Lamson & Sessions toll-free at (866) 636-1531 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.lamson-home.com
To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including pictures of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07159.html

Imagine my surprise.
--
Regards,

Not so. You need to look around more.
--
Regards,
much chinese goods are produced by forced labor in prisons, frequently by political prisoners.......

If by "manipulated" you mean that China is propping up the US currency for reasons of its own, then I agree with you.
If by "action" you mean continuing a policy of horrendous deficit spending, so that the real value of the US dollar keeps declining against other currencies, then I agree with you.
http://OakRoadSystems.com /

Aha! Exactly why I always polarity check all my installs.
I hope the checking widget I use wasn't made in china...
Dave