Rec Room design idea

Hi, I recently bought this place where the rec room has a funky indentation. (A pic is attached) It seems like they mis-calculated the width of the room combines with the stairs for the split entry. Anyway..the end result is a drywalled room that has one long wall perfectly flat and runs smoothly into the bay window. The other wall runs smoothly for about 16 feet, then juts inward (toward center of room) about 6 inches, then continues to meet up with the bay window. I hate it. Any ideas as to how I can use this to my advantage.
Option A: pull the wall down and place it 6 inches inward - but that would mean screwing with my stairs etc. Option B: place another wall in front of the incorrectly placed wall to make my rec room wall smooth and mirror the adjacent wall.
Any other design ideas? Maybe there is a way to use it to my advantage.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rpsmith/Room

Fill the extra 6" space with bookcases/shelving. Remember to leave a bit of extra space around the door.

And/or maybe place a couch there -- it will take less space from the center of room.
That recess may look odd while the room is empty but I suspect it will blend in to a considerable extent once the room is fully furnished, pictures hung and all of your other accumulated paraphernalia takes over ;-)
Thanks! I thought about that but I feel it would eliminate a whole wall for me to place sofa, tv etc. I though of only doing shelves on the top part of wall...might work. The only other option I have is to make like a floor to ceiling DVD rack out of the end of the inset. Make it out of nice oak board or something. It would then hold like 100 dvd's.

Perfect opportunity for a bookshelf, or, frame out the bottom and put a wood top on it and make it into a shelf to hold your cold beverages while standing around your pool table.
Dave