rebuilt battery info

i lost the link to some companies where you send your rechargeable battery pack they rebuild and return it to you.

anyone have that info? i think one was in pennsylvanis

Reply to
hallerb

They're all over everywhere--any sizable metro area will have at least one in the Yellow Pages. Being in a remote area, I either wait until I'm going to Wichita or send them there. Advantage being if I'm there, I can walk in and he'll do them while I'm waiting or at worst come back in the afternoon...

I'm sure Google is your friend as well if you really want mail order...

Reply to
dpb

is one that has been reliable.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just got one in our area called "Batteries+" and checked it out this weekend. They will rebuild a battery pack for the same price as the net businesses. In my case I had 2 batteries in a pack of 10 that failed so I was able to buy 2 and repair the pack myself.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

If you cant find one locally, buy a new battery. What I found online was a cheaper prices, but adding the shipping and handling, the final cost was more than a new battery.

Reply to
maradcliff

Shipping wouldn't be such a problem if they wouldn't use lead in the batteries. Maybe they could make them out of styrofoam instead.

Reply to
mm

thanks that the link I bought a nice complete older sony camcoder for

25 bucks at a hamfest. It works great other than worn out batteries. Did buy a brand new battery from e bay for 10 bucks with a year warranty yesterday.

I have a fiancially challenged friend with a 2 year old, we went the other day to the butler fair. zack tried hugging a cow. she remarked hhow she wishes she could afford a camcoder, the kid is really nice. they grow up so fast:(

2 days later here it is:) fair friday camcoder sunday morning.

camera works perfect.

I dont have a cam corder so i can borrow hers for special occasions

Reply to
hallerb