Rebate - How Long?

Page 1 of 2
How long should I expect a rebate to take?
Sherman.

When you see it, it's there.
Steve
Sherman wrote:

Until you give up and go away is fairly typical of some... :)
On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 21:34:13 GMT, in alt.home.repair RE: Rebate - How

I've been trying to get a Samsun rebate for 5 months now. Still not rebate.

Vic Dura wrote:

Does it involve buy.com?
realize that rebates are mostly a scam..
companies can advertise a lower price, then take their time if you send for rebate. also, companies realize that most people won't bother with rebate, or just plain forget to send it.
also, companies will hide rebate restrictions in the fine print.
How long should I expect a rebate to take?
Sherman.
stevie wrote:

Or just never pay them ever when you followed all the rules and restrictions and they acknowledged receipt of your rebate submission over a year ago (I will never buy another Soyo product because of this, and I like to tell other people to avoid them too)
The problem is, the companies contract out the rebate processing to a rebate clearinghouse who couldn't care less if they trash the reputation of somebody's brand name; they get to pocket all the rebates they don't fullfill -- whether it's because the customer didn't follow all the little rules, or whether they just say FU to the customer and steal the rebate.
Best regards, Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

But it is the retailer who is ultimately responsible for paying.
zxcvbob wrote:

The rebate processors located in Iowa and Minnesota seem to be the best, including Young America, which may be the oldest company in the business. Another good company is Parago, with addresses in El Paso and Miami.
The worst company for me has been TCA Fulfillment, in New Rochelle, NY, and all but one of my 5-6 submissions needed to be resubmitted (in one case, twice). This company had an unsatisfactory rating from the Better Business Bureau (I don't know about the current status) and brags about how it rejects 15% more submissions than average. At least the president of the company tries to resolve problems at Fatwallet.com, in the "Rebate Tracking" forum, under the user name "tcacares".
Best Buy is competent but dishonest about rebates. IOW it's highly likely that you'll get your money in time, but if there's a problem you'll have no recourse. I experienced this when I mailed a rebate in time but was told it was late. This happened because Best Buy misprinted the expiration date, but they said it didn't matter, even though the ad listed no dates for it. And when I showed Best Buy a second original rebate form, they called it a fake, even though the yellow Best Buy logo was all over the back. They always answered like a bunch of cult members chanting their catechism.
larry moe 'n curly wrote:

I have had horrible experience with Parago. I have only had 3 rebates invalidated in the last several years and all three were processed by Parago. I won't go into any details other than to say that they make up the most ridiculuous excuses.
Sherman wrote:

The wait typically varies between one week and an eternity.

With a hand plane cutting a rebate can take half an hour. With power tools, after setup I can cut a rebate in less than a minute.
Glad I could answer your question.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

tks My 'free' Canon printer from Fry's took 66 days.
Sherman

Actually, it only took 59 days. I found a calendar with the day of year on it.
Sherman wrote:

it states on the rebate form as long as your submission include all the parts required. Most forms state 6 weeks. Make a copy of all of the materials and you will probably get the check in 2 weeks.
Sherman wrote:

You may have already gotten it. By accident I once opened an envelope prominently marked as "Standard (Bulk) Mail" with a return address of "Vacation Paradise."
In the envelope was a rebate check.
Sneaky devils were counting on me discarding the mailer.

I never thought of it as a way for the people to throw away the rebates but you do have a point. They may come in many forms that look like junk mail tuil you open them and take a close look.
Sherman wrote:

Typically 60-120 days, but household product rebates tend to be delivered in a month (Recently, Walgreen's took 18 days for mine).
Check rebate status early because some offers have a provision saying that nothing will be done after six months, and you may get different information, depending on whether you check at the website, use the automated phone system, or speak with a live person.

Six to 8 weeks. Some companies hope you will forget about it.