rebar size for footer?

hey,

got an 8" footer for a 3 wall - 15' Long x 10"Wide x 9' High screened enclosure with a 3" Elite insulated roof.

do you think #3 rebar (3/8") all around will suffice? we're using fiber concrete.

some folks are telling me the rebar is overkill. what do you think?

thanks,

mike

Reply to
mike

How much less rebar could you use?

Seriously, if you want the footer to hold together after the concrete cracks you'll need at least some rebar.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Just on general principal I would put at least 2 rows of 1/2" rebar. There is no such thing as overkill, just better than minimum code.

Reply to
EXT

Florida code is two #5s

Reply to