Rebar for small slab ?

In North Texas, we also have a cracking problem, mostly due to really wet springs and really dry summers....

For something that small, I try to use any sort of wire mesh laying around. Old chain link fence seems to do a great job. Embedded as your suggest. If all you have is chicken wire, it's OK, but personally, I'd like something a little heavier.... Maybe a couple rusty old BBQ grills, or even a bunch of coat hangers that the wife was throwing out, distributed evenly......

Reply to
Robert

If you are anywhere near a real building supply, one 20' stick of #3 will only be a few bucks and cut in about 6 pieces would do the job.

Bought at the HD/Lowes rebar is several times that much

Reply to
gfretwell

the TCA handbook can answer that for you (Tile Council of America). 2004 is 45 pg, 2016 is 450 pg ! there are forums that specialize in tile Q&A. the answer is tile gets installed wrong but what is right is not intuitive - it's definitely a trade

Reply to
john foo