Reattach vinyl siding

Last night during a wind storm (gusts around 50mph) a small section of my vinyl siding got blown off. It's about a 2 foot wide section right at a roof peak (ie it's a small triangle). I'd give this small job a shot myself but I don't have a tall enough ladder to get up there (maybe 20 feet up). Sooooo.. Dumb question but what would be my best bet to call? Would a vinyl siding co. come out for such a menial job (or charge a ton)? Would a local hany man be a better bet?
"grodenhiATgmailDOTcom" wrote

I'd stick with attempting to get a handy man type out. Only problem may be, is they might not have a ladder that tall. Call a few people out of your local paper, until you find someone interested in doing it, without robbing you.
Don't know if you will see this message, because of the flooding/sporging going on.

Thanks, I'll have to pick up a paper tomorrow and call around. This flood is very annoying, happens on another group I belong to sometimes as well.

I don't know how long you've been in the house or how much maintenance you plan to do yourself (gutters, window trim, etc.) but have you considered buying a ladder? If you go used (Saturday Super Ads or your local Craig's List) you might be able to get one for close to the cost of that handy man call.
Related Story - A few years ago I was looking for a 10' step ladder, so I took a shot on ebay, more as a curiosity than an expectation of finding one nearby. I found like-new aluminum ladder about 20 miles from my mom's house, which is 300 miles from mine. It was two weeks before Christmas and we were heading to Mom's house anyway, so I contacted the seller and asked if he'd hold it until Christmas week if I won the bidding and paid immediately. He said he would, and for $55, I ended up with a seriously like-new ladder. Luckily I had a van to strap it to to get it home. I'm still pretty happy about that deal!

We got quite a nice fiberglass extension ladder at a pawn shop for a reasonable price. Of course, Himself knows how to look for damage and abuse; the OP might not have the knowledge to do that.
In the spring it's quite a weight for me to handle, but by the fall I've toughened up enough to swing it around pretty well.
Cindy Hamilton