Really dumb electrical question.

Page 2 of 2

It is a breaker the size of 4 thin ones and right at the bottom of the panel. I took out a thing 15 amp above it and I still can't get it out. Not sure what the heck is up. I too read the stuff about FP panels, but I'd prefer to get my bathroom back together and my kitchen ceiling re-installed before I start tearing apart the entire house wiring....
Just be sure that the breakers you install are newly made U.L. approved. It's not unusual for stab loks to be stuck. Kill the power to the panel, then stick a screwdriver slightly between that breaker and the one opposite it's location, and pry it out. A little upward pressure and it should pop out

Ditto that. I've pried them out with a screwdriver before myself.

*I have this problem occasionally. I usually use my pliers and grab onto the handle and give it a good yank. Push on the breaker(s) opposite the one that you want to remove at the same time to prevent the bus bar from flexing. I do this with the panel live, but you may want to kill the main first.
I suggest two 20 amp circuits for the whirlpool tub. One for the pump and one for the heater. The heater maintains the water temperature.

Thanks - I got it, but it was a bear to get out. Since it was the size of 4 thin stablocks, the teeth really grabbed. I actually had to slide a small pry bar under it, Hold the opposite breaker down to minimize flexing and wump it with a hammer! (main power off of course)
Hardly my recommended modus operandi...
My tub is only a 15 amp motor and circuit. I don't need a heater on mine. I actually took a chainsaw to a larger 'stay filled' fiberglass one I had here since it was too much trouble and put in a sauna instead. This is my minimalist replacement. lol.
Thanks again folks.....
Really dumb reply: I thought all the FPE stablocks had been replaced, by now. You do know that they are unsafe, the breakers don't function properly.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The ones in Canada are still being sold/installed. http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D 1375&Ntt1375&catalogId051&langId=-15&storeId051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber&eid=ShopToIt&utm_source=ShopToIt&utm_mediumfiliate&utm_campaign1375
Up there (FPE) stablok system was acquired by Schneider. Some batch numbers were recalled ..most not. They are (redesigned?) and are being installed in large numbers in new homes without any problems.
http://www.schneider-electric.ca/canada/en/products-services/electrical-distribution/products-offer/range-presentation.page?p_function_idQ01&p_family_id 207&p_range_idr54
and
http://www.schneider-electric.ca/canada/en/products-services/electrical-distribution/products-offer/range-presentation.page?p_function_idQ00&p_family_id 201&p_range_idr27

I have exactly the same set-up but 220/40 A. Hot tub Co claimed the no power to their heater was the fault of the breaker. My electrician dropped off a spare. The original popped free easily when I twisted it 'out' .
Put in the other, it wouldn t work either. It turned out to be a fault in the Heater coil

Did on mine (both)