Ready to Tile

Dura-Rock cement boards are up around tub/shower, joints were taped with thinset. Now the tiling, and I'm asking opinions are the proper adhesive to use for the tiles. The local Reno store suggests a Type 2 latex adhesive, but I have some doubts about using it.
Thanks in advance
Is the t2latex waterproof? You should really use a sealer-primer on the underlayment, then mud-set if the tile is ceramic. After that use a light grey waterproof grout. A white grout will never stay clean. Good luck. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Where'n the hell do you come up with this nonsense?

That's what I used.
Keep your tile joints smaller than a 1/4 inch. You will need non-sanded grout for the shower/tub area.
Sanded grout is used for floors and can cover areas quite large.
Let dry and seal properly I do 2 coats to be sure I get everything.
The adhesive is only important for the "sticking" to the walls. The grout and tile provide the water proof part. Hold the tile above the tub use a bath and tub caulk for this. The different materials can expand differently and caulk will hold better than grout. I also use caulk in the vertical corners.
kato wrote:

What doubts?
Just use standard thinset to set the tile on the backerboard. It does not need to be modified.