Re-using granite slab from kitchen?

Just bought a house with a nice kitchen, but its way too small. The kitchen has nice cabinets and granite slab counters. I plan to do a major remodel on the house and kitchen, which necessitates moving and expaning the kitchen, so I'm pretty much have decided to gut the kitchen. The thing is, it pains me to see this fabulous granite go to waste, even if there isn't enough of it for a proper kitchen.
Is there a way to remove it and re-cut it to put it in another room? I was thinking there is enough granite there to cover the countertops of two bathroom vanities, but this would necessitate cutting not just the sides to fit, but also a hole in the middle.
The services that install granite have the right cutting tools, correct? Am I able to just call one of them and have them take the granite and cut it to spec? Will this be prohibitively expensive? Any guidance? Thanks in advance.
Actor123 wrote:

Yes, they can do that fairly easily, IF they can get them off the old cabinets without breaking them. They usually can, but sometimes they are so well adhered that they end up breaking a corner off or cracking the granite. As to the cost, call a granite place up and ask them. I have not had this done, so I would guess that the cost of recutting and installing would be about 20-30 bucks per square foot.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

It doesn't seem that you can.

If you do call them, I'm sure they will be happy to tell you what they can do and even provide cost estimates.