Re-sizing Corian

Just purchased a new cooktop. Its 1/2 " too big. Can I use a jig saw to enlarge the opening?
Bones wrote:

Yes ... but you need to use a very fine blade and cut slowly . Cover the top with masking tape where the saw will rub . A better choice is a router with a collar and guide fixture . The enemy here is localized heat , it can cause uneven stresses and crack your top .
--
Snag

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 00:44:01 +0000, Bones

Maybe with a fine tooth metal cutting blade. I have had fairly good luck with carbide tipped tools
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 00:44:01 +0000, Bones

Do a little searching for some ideas to avoid an expensive mistake.
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4928206_cut-corian-countertops.html
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-cut-corian-countertops
On 10/16/2014 8:44 PM, Bones wrote:

I have not read this and DuPont has other manuals on line:
http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/assets/pdf/Fab-Manual-for-printing.pdf