Re-siding with vinyl: How to accomodate electric service.

Getting ready to install vinyl siding over existing T1-11 (will wrap house in Tyvek first).

I will remove wood trim (1 X 4) at each corner of the house, and install a vinyl siding corner piece to accept the panels at each corner. But I'm not sure what to do with this particular corner where the service entrance cable is attatched. The steel guidewire for my electric service is attatched with a fastener to a corner of the house through a piece of wood trim that I assume is long enough to pass through the T1-11 behind the wood trim, and a framing member behind the T1-11.

Should I get a shutdown and re-attatch after I put up my vinyl siding corner piece? And if so, is there a vinyl siding friendly way to do this? Also, are there special vinyl siding mounting panels for the meter enclosure, and cable fasteners for the SE cable from the weather head to the meter enclosure?

Or should I simply notch out the vinyl siding corner piece to accomodate the steel guidewire's fastener and try to seal around this notch? And just put J-channel around the meter enclosure and cut and fit the vinyl siding panels around this?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Eddie