Re_Shingling Costs?

How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just looking for a rough estimate.
Thanks,
Rob
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:11:37 GMT, "Rob Osborn"

Just ignore him Rob. He's an asshole. Every newsgroup has them.

Dear Mr. Romano Thank you for your comments. I gave some information that is needed to quote roofing cost. What did YOU contribute? What explanation did you give?
Shall we talk experience? So far this year I've contracted over $140,000 in roofing replacement. right now I'm having 68 square replaced on one building. Staging was put up last week, tear off started Monday. I've had many conversations with roofers about what is needed. How about you?
Perhaps you can lead the conversation by educating the OP about types of shingles and underlayments and what type of nails should be used. I'm looking forward to your enlightenment and educational comments.
Your friend, Ed

Oh, I didn't have a problem with what Edwin wrote. I'm not easily offended. Besides, like I wrote in another posts, I'm a geologist and I don't know anything about this stuff. I'm sure that by the end of this process I will know a lot more - at least I hope so! LOL!
Rob
Nope- wrong guy. But you may find that the one in your mirror is.
TTFN, J
Rob Osborn wrote:

Asphalt shingles? http://www.contractors.com/cost_estimator/fiberglass_or_asphalt_roof_replacement.html
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:15:00 GMT, "Rob Osborn"

Check the yellow pages and get some free estimates.
My insurance company gave me $4000 for 30 squares.

What does a square equal?
100 square foot of coverage

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3 squares?

At least.
Pitch of roof factors in (stepper the more expensive), as well as how many linear starting feet are needed (if you have a simple peaked roof it's cheaper than a colonial with a separate peak for each upstairs window, etc.
Best way is to get a few pros out to give you a free estimate.
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:58:02 GMT, "Rob Osborn"

My hiproof is sitting over 2000 sf house. The roof has about 3100 sf.
Today, I'd expect the insurance to pay about 5500 to replace it.
I did it myself last time and it cost abou 1500 with me doing all the work.

Your insurance company would pay ro have your roof replaced? Did a storm rip it off or damage it?

Between $60 and $400 a square.
Tear off? Decking Pitch of roof Height of roof Roof style How much flashing How many vent pipes Type of shingle
Ask a roofer that can see the house for a more accurate answer. How big is a box do I need to mail a gift? Dumb question without more information right?

It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on roofing either.

But now you know some of the factors that go into a quotation and why the big price spread. Glad I was able to help.
wrote in message

You did help me. Hey, I gotta start somewhere, right?
wrote Re: Re_Shingling Costs?::

An explanation of your personality disorder.

Impressive, snappy comeback. I bet you could have your own TV show with your talent. .
Well, I found out what the damage will be - $2,855. Not bad considering that includes flashing around the chimney, drip line, vent line along the peak, 35 year shingles, stripping the roof of the two existing layers of shingles, disposal, etc.
Rob