Re_Shingling Costs?

100 square foot of coverage
Reply to
loupark

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:11:37 GMT, "Rob Osborn" wrote Re: Re_Shingling Costs?:

Just ignore him Rob. He's an asshole. Every newsgroup has them.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Asphalt shingles?

Travis Jordan

Check the yellow pages and get some free estimates.

My insurance company gave me $4000 for 30 squares.

Reply to
Sherman

What does a square equal?

Reply to
Rob Osborn

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3 squares?

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Between $60 and $400 a square.

Tear off? Decking Pitch of roof Height of roof Roof style How much flashing How many vent pipes Type of shingle

Ask a roofer that can see the house for a more accurate answer. How big is a box do I need to mail a gift? Dumb question without more information right?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on roofing either.

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Dear Mr. Romano Thank you for your comments. I gave some information that is needed to quote roofing cost. What did YOU contribute? What explanation did you give?

Shall we talk experience? So far this year I've contracted over $140,000 in roofing replacement. right now I'm having 68 square replaced on one building. Staging was put up last week, tear off started Monday. I've had many conversations with roofers about what is needed. How about you?

Perhaps you can lead the conversation by educating the OP about types of shingles and underlayments and what type of nails should be used. I'm looking forward to your enlightenment and educational comments.

Your friend, Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

But now you know some of the factors that go into a quotation and why the big price spread. Glad I was able to help.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You did help me. Hey, I gotta start somewhere, right?

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Oh, I didn't have a problem with what Edwin wrote. I'm not easily offended. Besides, like I wrote in another posts, I'm a geologist and I don't know anything about this stuff. I'm sure that by the end of this process I will know a lot more - at least I hope so! LOL!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Osborn

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:00:47 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote Re: Re_Shingling Costs?::

An explanation of your personality disorder.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Nope- wrong guy. But you may find that the one in your mirror is.

TTFN, J

Reply to
barry

At least.

Pitch of roof factors in (stepper the more expensive), as well as how many linear starting feet are needed (if you have a simple peaked roof it's cheaper than a colonial with a separate peak for each upstairs window, etc.

Best way is to get a few pros out to give you a free estimate.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Impressive, snappy comeback. I bet you could have your own TV show with your talent. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My hiproof is sitting over 2000 sf house. The roof has about 3100 sf.

Today, I'd expect the insurance to pay about 5500 to replace it.

I did it myself last time and it cost abou 1500 with me doing all the work.

Reply to
Sherman

Your insurance company would pay ro have your roof replaced? Did a storm rip it off or damage it?

Reply to
Rob Osborn

Well, I found out what the damage will be - $2,855. Not bad considering that includes flashing around the chimney, drip line, vent line along the peak, 35 year shingles, stripping the roof of the two existing layers of shingles, disposal, etc.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Osborn