Re Safety First - Call a Professional

It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the poster

0 for 14 today. All advice given was on how to address the issue.

That is because, in my opinion, people are too quick to jump all over a guy and flame him if he says anything out of the norm. "Call a professional"...is like "DUH". There is a freaking professional for every topic on the NG. Most of the reason why this stuff is asked on a News Group is so they can bypass the professional and save a few bucks. Using the phrase "Call a professional" is like saying "okay, I've said my piece here so am covering my ass so .......Call a professional" Hell if I wanted to remove my own apendix and got on here and asked "I need to remove my own apendix" ....I would much rather have someone say 'Here's the url on that...good luck and use a sharp knife"...ha ha...Not "call a professional"....of course I would be "Off-topic" and would have to go to the Alt.rec.apendixremoval News group. That one is right up there with '"check your owners manual". That's another good CYA phrase. I would hope the person has exhausted some of these obvios questions before asking on a NG? Just me venting here on a Saturday morning..Merry Christmas...Jimi

I gotta add to this rant please.... another few good ones is a guy has an electrical question and he gets a reply "Check with your local electrical supplier" Well DUH! If you don't know the answer, why reply with that at all and waste bandwidth ? Do you not think that the guy typing his post has not thought of that? Or a guy wanting help with a cut on a piece of plywood and he gets "Go to your local lumber yard and ask them"...what a waste of bandwidth! Does a person posting such a reply actually get a sense of accomplishment by replying with such an obvious answer?.... okay...feel free to rant back...flame away...just my thoughts here.....Jimi