Re-roofing costs in Atlanta GA ?

I need to a tear of and re-roof of a property I own . The roof is about

33 squares and is a hipped roof of no more than a 6/12 pitch. The 1X6 decking seems oak but there could be a few bad areas as we as facia too . What are the typical unit costs labor and materials separately for this job ?
Reply to
rkpatt758

I need to a tear of and re-roof of a property I own . The roof is about

33 squares and is a hipped roof of no more than a 6/12 pitch. The 1X6 decking seems oak but there could be a few bad areas as we as facia too . What are the typical unit costs labor and materials separately for this job ?
Reply to
rkpatt758

Dr Roof a local roofer just did a house across the street from me in Buckhead . The cost of materials should roughly be the cost of the squares required which in turn is detmined from the square footage of the roof ,plus an allowance for profit on these supplies . The cost per square can be easily assessed from a trip to home depot.

the cost of labor ! well for a relatively small roof on the aforesaid house it took about a dozen guys about 2 days + to rip the old roof off and install the new . lets say $12/hour per roofer as a rough estimate so on that basis labor would be about 12* 12* 16 [2 days at 8hr per day] = $2304.

So I am guessing the roof ran about $3500--$4000.......my guess mjh

Reply to
mike hide

This is a common error in judgement by the amateur. Of course it will give you a cost of shingle material only. It will not give you _all_ the costs of materials. For instance, you may price out a $33 per square shingle cost, and all other misc. costs involved with installing/haul away will easily add up over $100 per square actual cost. You have felt paper, water/ice shield, staples for felt, drip edge, boots, flashing (step, apron, counter), nails (which run approx. $25 per 18 square for air nailer), pot/pod vents for bathroom/kitchen exhausts, ridge vents, haul away/disposal cost, special hip/ridge cap if applicable, permit,sealants and a few othe misc. cost such as delivery.

Holy smoly, why in the world would someone do that work for $12 an hour? The lawn care companies around here pay their employees that to mow lawns. Guess either that is a real rough estimate, or you live in the area where slavery is still legal.

Let's not forget to add in for overhead such as tools,vehicles, insurance, sales, etc. etc. Of course some may want someone to pay for all of that out of their $12 per hour pay!

Reply to
Getty