Re-Paving A Driveway Questions

Hello,

Have a home driveway that has to be repaved.

It's been so many years since it was last, I really don't remember any of the details.

I believe a bed of crushed stone was put down first.

Questions:

a. Assuming there is a bed of crushed stones there now, do I want the contractor to remove all this old stone, and put down a new stone bed before putting down the new asphalt ? Why ?

Or, can he just remove the old asphalt, and leave the stones in place ? (seems almost impossible to do, I would think, but am not sure ?)

b. What should the stone bed thickness be ?

c. What should the asphalt thickness be ?

d. What's a "typical" price (per square foot, I guess) for a complete job including the new stone bed ? (live outside of Boston)

Not too sure what else to really ask.

Any other thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Take a look see.........:-)