Re-Painting Wood House with Latex Stain

I just moved to Florida form Pennsylvania and bought a frame home with T-111 siding. It is about 20 years old and is painted with gray latex stain.

Since I am retired - I have the time. I thought I would paint the house the same color. I have a power washer and a Sears compressor with a paint gun.

I have painted a car with my compressor - but never a house.

Would you guys like to help me with a list of prep items to do - and tips on painting the house?

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

I would rent a pressure washer and clean it up real good...then paint it.....not much to it. In Florida you might have problems with termites, mold or dry rot so inspect all the surfaces closely and make any necesary repairs. I also live in Florida but used to live in the redwoods of California and also had T-111 siding on a garage. Nothing but problems with fungus and water wicking up into it. In any event....good luck on your project....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Thanks Ross -

I have a pressure washer of my own.

I also intend to seal the bottom of the T-111. You are right about water wicking up into it.

Can you spray latex stain with a normal paint gun? I have a Sears compressor.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Consider renting an airless. Not only will it go a lot faster but you'll get more mileage out of your material.

Reply to
3rd eye

Not sure exactly what product you are attempting to spray but if you ask them at the counter at your local paint supply store/Home Depot/Lowes they should be able to help you out....ONce again...good luck and enjoy retirement...I know I am!....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac