Re-locating a Thermostat

in a ranch home where is the beat place to locate a thermostat, mine is in the hall between the bedrooms.
Thanks
Tom
That sounds good to me. You don't want it near the kitchen, a window, on an outside wall or heat/AC vent.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I think it is already in the best location. What are you trying to achieve by relocating the thermostat?

Near the return....unless the home has a return in every room.

After living in the home for whole year, what space is near a return, and represents the conditions the best, and is mostly occupied? I have hall mounted stat in a 2 story, and when all bedroom (w/returns) doors are closed, it represents the down stairs temperature, even under a hall return. In spite of all the science aspects to this stuff (manual this & that), this is an art few today bother to perfect. A great installation would require extensive data logging and analysis post install, or at least a visit on a design day hot and cold.

in

is