re- framing wall / new shower pan install

I am renovating my in-laws bathroom. The old tub was 60" and I am installing a new 60" rectangular shower pan. The pan does not fit snug into the old opening, there is about a 1" gap. So what are my options at this point? Should I just shim out only the shower wall, thus having a transition of about 1 " where the sheet rock meets the Durock. Or should I just reframe the entire wall so it will be 1 continuous wall. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks
Mikepier wrote:

Your choice...