Re-Carpeting Grief

Hi, all.

I'm new here and hope to learn a lot about mending and maintaining our small house.

First off, I had the place re-carpeted in March. Afterward, I kept finding stubby nails around the house. Putting the telephone cord back between the baseboard and carpet, I discovered a gap under the carpet at the back door threshold. The edge of the foundation was crumbled there, and the carpet concealed it.

The store had hired a couple... kids... to do the whole job, move stuff and install the carpet, and I think the older one had installed carpeting strips around the edge of the rooms with *masonry nails* !!! I can't say for sure that he damaged it, and I can't see how much damage there is without pulling all the carpet edges up.

So, my questions are...

  1. Is that a common way to install carpeting?

  1. Is this something I can live with -- should I worry about it or forget it?

  2. Is there any way to repair these edges?

Thanks for your attention and ideas. JPM

Reply to
DemoDisk

Carpet strips COME with masonry nails, as they are usually installed on concrete. There are worse things to worry about, like your brain exploding, or planet warming. Carpet repairs can only be done by a trained professional. Do not try this at home.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Thanks for answering, Steve. Did you mean carpet repairs or foundation repairs?

Reply to
DemoDisk