RCA 36" TV problem

This is Turtle.

I bought a 36" RCA TV about a couple years ago at Sam's Wholesale Club and it now is showing up darker than normal when viewing the shows. I have used every adjustiment on it to lighten it up but can't get it to be bright enough to view anything of a nite or low lighting view. The thing even will not show Black peoples faces. My brother in law said I had a Raciest TV and would not show black people on it. I told him the TV was not a Raciest when i bought it.

OK, Is this a fixiable item or junk it and buy a new one? New one RCA $743.00 and Sony $879.00 at Sam's. They have a TV shop here in town and it cost $75.00 to just tell me what is wrong and no fix at all. Hurry up , my wife is on my ass.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I don't know. I can't see it from here.

Don't touch that, you might blow yourself up. Call a licensed, competent, professional TV repair person.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Try

Given that it is only a couple of years old, I'd surely look into repair over replace. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Or avoid the $50-100 for the housecall and have a friend help you carry it to a repair shop.

Reply to
TCS

Call TV shop. Talk with owner. Tell them you will trade a fall inspection of his A/C - Heating system for a diagnosis of your television. A good way to help each other ! (Yep., Mr Turtle works in dat der bizzness). Bill T

Reply to
Bill T (remove clothes to ema

Tommy-- what are you saying here? I don't quite understand your replies...

Turtle-- You better pay the $75 and get that thing fixed. Your wife is on your ass and it ain't good. She will soon be goin over to the neighbor's house to watch TV and you don't want that. Pay him the money and while you are there, sell him a new HVAC system!

I got a Curtis Mathes with the same problem. Luckily it is still under warranty, so I am carting it off to the TV repairman this week.

TVs are made like crap these days, just like HVAC equipment.

Reply to
Oscar_lives

This is Turtle.

NO , He wants $75.00 to look at it at his shop and you bring it too him. He does not make house calls. He's the only shop with in 40 miles and he does not trade. Also sometimes i wonder if he really knows what he is doing for every repair he does cost $400.00+ to anything + the $75.00 check out fee. I wonder if his name is Tom? If it is under warrenty you bring it to him at no cost. If it out of warrenty , Don't Bother.

If i could get it looked at for maybe $30.00 or so at his shop / I bring it too him , i could handle that. I'm not paing big money to tell me it cost $400.00 fix + $75.00 check fee. Everything cost $475.00 even on 12 inch to the 60 inch screens. If i got to pay $75.00 to just see about it and tell me it cost 4400.00 more to fix it. I'll just go buy a new one.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

this is Turtle.

He does not trade anything. Cash on the Barrel head. I tried to get a ideal on a TV about 3 years ago and he would not give me the time of day. The check up fee was $60.00 then.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

I will check this sight out here in a few minutes. Thanks

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Tell him you need one of 'em $80 filters while you're at it!

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Turtle, take your problem over to sci.electronics.repair. There are a lot of good TV guys that hang out at that news group. Be sure to give them the model number of the set as well as the maker. Sometimes certain TVs have a known weak spot. If yours does, somebody on that group will know about it.

Good luck

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

This is Turtle.

Still hadn't got over paying $80.00 for a HVAC tech to be called out to tell you your filter was dirty on Sunday afternoon. Your going to have to move on with life after a sexual experience like this. Oh Yea, You do now know not to tell the service tech to get his ass over to your house right now.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE