Rat trap: Snapped on my finger today (yellow plastic paddle trigger is too sensitive)

I've heard and witnessed that *if* you drill a hole in the nail at the site of the injury; the hole seaping relieves pressure of the bruise and the nail may not fall off - just have the small hole slowly migrate out to the end as the nail grows.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I've done that before.

The nail gets all purple with blood, and then you scratch a hole in the center with a paper clip (or whatever).

The nail is very soft, so, it punctures quite easily. Then the very dark red blood comes out easily to relieve the pressure.

Reply to
Danny D

These poor things don't seem to care that there's already one dead in a trap right next to the trap they decide to eat from:

They both seem to be the same big-eared long-tailed species as before, only much smaller this time:

Danny D

DDD-

in the center with a paper clip (or whatever). The nail is very soft, so, it punctures quite easily. Then the very dark red blood comes out easily to relieve the pressure.

Reply to
DD_BobK

So there are three methods, one of which we both deprecate:

  1. Drilling (to me, this is fraught with issues)
  2. Scratching (for me, this works fine, & causes no pain)
  3. Burning (personally, I've never tried it, but you have)

So, we're in violent agreement on the 1st, and we have our own methods for the 2nd and 3rd.

Scratching a nail clean through turns out to be trivially easy, as it's really all very soft stuff. Try it if you think it's too difficult. You'll be amazed at how easy it is. There's absolutely no risk of burning too!

YMMV.

Reply to
Danny D