Rat trap: Snapped on my finger today (yellow plastic paddle trigger is too sensitive)

Page 2 of 3

With one hand hold the trap open, with the other set the catch. Then remove your hand from the catch side. Then slowly release the wire. If it holds, then only handle the trap on the edges when you set it down.
Those look like mouse traps and the victim looks like a mouse.
Rat traps are about twice as big and will do a lot more damage if you're careless.
--
Dan Espen

?

No way is that a rat, rats have much more pointed noses, I know for sure because my daughter and granddaughter have had rats as pets and they never, even when small, looked anything like what was in your photo. So, unless you have a new species, that is a MOUSE!
On May 17, 6:20 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

't

ps?

rats have much more pointed noses,
+1
On Fri, 17 May 2013 18:20:52 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Did you look at the bucket lid. That is almost 13" across and the rat is almost that long with the tail. You are thinking about Norway rats. That is a roof rat.

?

How about a tape in the photos for scale? Rats do not normally come out to get trapped during the day. That animals ears look more mouse like than rat like JMO
The plastic triggers suck.

I use Costco laundry detergent that comes in a bucket with that lid and I did post a picture with a measuring tape on the lid.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/dead%20rat.jpg
On Friday, May 17, 2013 11:27:16 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

us

.

,

re

n't

on

aps?

The EARS say MOUSE...the NOSE says MOUSE...I have trapped DOZENS of these mice in my old house. They also have a habit of "pack-ratting" all kinds of material and stashing that material in boots, shoes and winter wear (overshoes). Every fall they try to find a nice winter home and infiltrate no matter how I try to mouse-proof the old shack.
On 5/18/2013 1:01 AM, Roy wrote:

And I say, who cares?
I got tired of setting traps for mice in the garage and, in the fall, in the laundry room.
I bought a pair of Rat-Zapper Classics (now called "Raticators")