Rat posion green pellets

What can keep eating my rat poison and it not kill them?
--
LSMFT
Did somebody change the channel? This seems like a different newsgroup.

Ann Coulter?

More rats, mice, chipmunks, squirrels? Keep baiting for a couple months.
Jim

You just have a bigger supply of rodents than you think if the poison is indoors, outdoors most animals and birds will eat it, all will die.
ransley wrote:

And anything that eats the mice/rats will die also.
Poison is a coward's way to kill pests.
Jon
ransley wrote:

It's outdoors but in a Rhino shelter. There is really no way for them to get into the house unless they chew through the sill. I've kill about a dozen mice in snap traps but my rat poison is still disappearing.
--
LSMFT

On 11/7/2010 9:36 AM, LSMFT wrote:

It usually takes multiple feedings to kill the rodent and of course there could be more than you think.

I only know when the mice are gone because the poison is left, if i see one, I figure I have 10 sleeping, they breed fast and all come inside in winter from any holes in your foundation. On mine they find holes a foot up and still get in, I seen it several times.
On 11/07/10 09:36 am, LSMFT wrote:

Maybe depends on what's in the pellets. We have just started using some green *blocks* (the name escapes me at present) that contain something other than the usual warfarin and claim to be effective against Norway rats, which are immune to warfarin.
Also: how long has whatever-it-is been eating this stuff? Even the stuff we are using may take a week or more -- so it says.
Perce

What is it, warfarin?
Warfarin is an anticoagulant, used medically to dissolve blood clots and such.
A rat can't get a lethal dose from one pellet of this stuff. He has to keep returning and eating more and more of the stuff over a period of days, to accumulate a lethal dose.
Besides, rats have now evolved to be resistant to it.
Try something stronger.
-- Steven L.

I know that they'll take those pellets and stash them elsewhere, so that may be where it's going. I've opened many old boxes of stuff in the basement and found those green pellets in the strangest of places.
I've also wondered if the crickets that live in my basement have been eating mine. The cricket side of the house (dift floor) always runs out of pellets, but the station on the clean, cricket-free side of the house (concrete floor, was formerly a garage) isn't touched.