Rare sheet metal tool

For those that care, I spotted these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemu90997382
Don H. Retirement is worth the wait.

Those are rare? I'm sure they don't make 'em like they used to, but... http://www.grizzly.com/products/h5958 http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd430016 (Amazon.com product link shortened)40244723/sr=1-28/ref=sr_1_28/103-3045814-5698243?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n"8013
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble here but each and every link you posted leads to a tool with straight blades inline with their handles. The ebay link shows a tool with the blades 60° OFFSET from the handles. Using the straight bladed tool, try turning a 90° flange in an opening smaller than the length of the tool.
You're right in one aspect, they sure dont make them like they used to. Got anymore links?
Don H. Retirement is worth the wait.
Don wrote:

http://images.google.com/images?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=offset%20hand%20seamer
I personally like old tools, but offset seamers aren't rare.
snipped-for-privacy@yaoops.com says...

McMaster-Carr has offset seamers for around $35 if I remember correctly, brand new, good quality. www.mcmaster.com
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/

http://oldworlddistributors.com/pix_oseamer.html

time it is, where you're supposed to be, or what you're supposed to be doing. It's a lot like working for the government."
From "Over the Hill and On a Roll" by Bob Phillips
Hand made seamer, made for the union. That sure would be a rare find. However, as I'm not a collector, I'll continue my drab, boring life. And continue to use the seamer I got which was made by Vise Grip.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.