Rapairing Flood Damaged wood floor

Got some flood damage on some of our wood floors. These are glued down to concrete so no warping. Only problem is some fiber swelling. Should I just reseal (what is a good product to use), or lightly sand, then seal. They are gunstock in color and I am nervous about sanding, even lightly. Suggestions?
Bakpain wrote:

Do nothing. If you sand it you will be very sorry later.
Bakpain wrote:

Step one is to check with your insurance company and find out if you are covered.
Step two, wait a long while for things to get back to normal before doing something like sanding. If you think you can save the floor make sure it is totally dry (months of drying time) before making any decisions and make sure it is not growing mold or has broken the adhesive with the concrete. (a glued down wood floor on concrete?
Is is solid word or what?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Get a pro floor refinisher to look at it, there are to many unknowns about your issue.
glued to concrete, dried for 2 years, not solid, 1/8 inch veneer (home depot stuff). this was a 1000 year flood, we have no flood insurance, should I just seal and not worry about it. Doesnt look THAT bad, kind of rustic but do want to seal.

You don't want to seal it until it has completely dried again, or you'll just trap water under the sealant, which will cause both the flooring and the seal to fail. In a couple months, after it's throughoughly dry, find out what sort of coating is compatible with the current coating. Sand only if there is serious discoloration of the wood surface that can't be polished out. On veneer, you only get one or two re-sandings, so save them until they're necessary.