RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

Page 3 of 3

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:54:25 -0400, against all advice, something
to say:

I have headlights from the planet Xenon, and the owner's manual specifically warns against messing with them yourself. High voltage and pressure is mentioned. I was losing a light, and the dealer said it might be due to a faulty bulb, igniter, or control module.
With all of that in mind, one must wonder how one gets all of that into a flashlight.
--

Don\'t worry about people stealing an idea. If it\'s original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.

    And how about energy consumption?
I bought three of the 3D LEG Maglites. Two went into my vehicles, and one went to a friend. I've used mine occasionally. He's used his enough to say he's astounded how long the batteries last.
The Mag web page says about 40 hours on a set of D cells.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Nate Nagel wrote:

I used to be a cop. Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an offensive or defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman used his light to demolish a wooden pallet.
I carried one for about six years. During that time I had several opportunities to use it in circumstances for which it was not actually intended (this was before Tasers and even before effective pepper-sprays). There are many goblins who interacted with my flashlight that can attest to its effectiveness.
Today, with Tasers in common use, the term "light 'em up" has taken on a new meaning. Especially if the gomer has been heavily into inhalants.
I saw that web page, about the guy who'd been huffing. Did you see his bugged out eyes? That must be some wicked inhalent.
You remember that old chemical Mace stuff? Which says it's not effective on druggies. Well, shazaam, what's the point?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:40:53 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Tazers and Mace are not 100% effective. Mace may not even spray, batteries occasionally die. There are a lot of people unaffected by both, regardless of whether or not they are doing drugs or alcohol.

I good dose of inhaled pepper spray can easily kill you, and it deserves respect.
Of course, there's a big difference between those pencil-thin sprays and the wide-cone sprays, and the volume of liquid that is dispenced per second is also criticaly important.
I prefer pepper spray as it can be used effectively on dogs as well.
HeyBub wrote:

I thought your "attitude" seemed familiar :o)
Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade

I know someone whose life was saved by a MagLight....a cop who made a traffic stop alone and was jumped by two bad guys. Actually, three lives were saved...the bad guys went to the hospital rather than to the morgue.

When I was a paramedic, a 2" wide depressed skull fracture was called a "Kel-lite fracture". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Lite
-- Doug

om> wrote:

You are talking history here...when products where made with quality...to last! Many names HAVE had a great history: Zenith, Black and Decker, Westinghouse, Sylvania...these today, are not the companies of the past...they are ONLY names.
bob_v