Range, oven problem

Try this for help:

Dumbo

We have a 9 year old Jenn Air (Maytag) white range with a malfunctioning oven. The bar lights, but the oven takes forever to heat up. In two hours last night we were able to achieve 400F, but never above. (It made for slow, undercooked pizza).

What part is the cause of this problem?

Being in the DC area (where labor costs are high), I'm guessing that this repair could be $300. I'm not sure I want to spend that on a 9 year old stove. The burners work fine, but some of the plastics are yellowing and there are scrapes and dents from heavy use.

Insights and ideas?

Thanks,

Luanne

Reply to
Luanne O'Loughlin

Gas range? Model#?

Some model# helps.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Yes, it is a gas range. Model number is FCG20500W, purchased Oct 1996.

Tonight it seemed to heat within a reasonable amount of time to 350. Then when the oven door opened and the temp dropped, it couldn't regain temp. I turned it off and back on again, and waited 45 minutes. The temp never topped 225.

Luanne

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Reply to
Luanne

Hi,

Check the oven hot surface ignitor....they CAN glow and still be bad.

They can weaken and not operate properly.

specified oven and broiler igniter kit, replaces short and longer igniters in many instances.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid