Range hood questions

Hi,
We have two questions regarding range hoods and would appreciate comments and advices from people who have the experience.
We are considering installing a 30" chimney range hood above the cook-top. As we want a model with larger CFM (~450) and a budget price (~$500), the choice we have is most likely the kind with a near-flat glass canopy and a chimney like flue, such as Broan-Nutone K7388. We have two questions: First, we wonder if grease or oil will gather on the glass surface. -- On one hand, this is where the air flow is, supposedly it should be constantly cleared. On the other hand, it is also right on top of the cook-top. Conceivably, once the blower stops, if there is any remnant oily air, that's where it will aggregate. Second, we are wondering if this flat shape of canopy is not as conducive to collecting the oily air as the funnel-shape chimney range hood.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kai
p.s., the cook-top is 30" and gas. We have an opening on the roof right above the range hood. CFM of 450 is about adequate, I suppose.

Where else will the grease go?
-- On one hand, this is where the air flow is, supposedly it

Dude the exhaust duct gets really slimy on ANY exhaust vent. Commerical kitchens burn down cause they are not cleaned routinely. NOT saying that yours will.
Second, we are wondering if this

The pretty glass vent hoods are just that. They move air and water vapor. Water and grease will collect on the first surface it comes in contact with. 350 cubic feet is not really an functional exhaust in my opinion for grease. Pay close attention to the size of the duct, length of run and all installation instuctions.
I paid over a grand for a SS hood with 950 cfms, over an island. I brought a pan of water to a boil on the front burners with the hood on high. About 50% of the water vapor was sucked into the hood. Back burners were close to 100% Hood was installed per instructions and was over sized 2 inches in every direction. My next island hood will be of the commerical varity with over 1000 cfms and make up air.