Range hood /microwave

Does anyone have any experience with the combo range hood / microwave ovens? SWMBO would like a white one, but all the white plastic appliances we have turn yellow after exposure to heat after a year or two......... (I'm leaning toward the black one myself) TIA Ray (email address is fake, too much spam)

Hi,
Several years ago most white microwaves had yellow pieces/parts in various spots on the microwave. So far the newer ones seem to be holding up much better. Sometimes grease laden air or flouresant lights can cause plastic to discolour. You can read some consumers opinions from below.... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Microwaves-Over_the_Range
We love ours (Panasonic) - mind you it is only 2 years old.
The only thing we don;t like is the exhaust fan is a tad noisy. It is ducted to the outside - and seems to have two speeds - loud and louder (as compared to our old NuTone range hood that was quiet by comparision)
I suppose if you did eventually have discoloured external plastic on the unit - you could use some of that new paint that sticks to plastic (once you thoroughly cleaned the grease off it).

ovens?
have
leaning
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Microwaves-Over_the_Range
Thanks, Jeff. That's what I needed. That's a pretty major purchase, and I don't want it to look like an ancient Mr. Coffee in a couple of years. Ray

ovens?
have
leaning
http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Microwaves-Over_the_Range