Range has no place to connect gas

Wow. Many posts on this group receive unwarranted and undeserved sarcasm. This one deserves a little. Here's my contribution.

Modern gas ranges are now wireless. Just let the gas fill the room. The weird looking plug is the antenna for the wireless so the gas knows where to go. (Sarcasm - don't fill your house with gas)

Reply to
c_kubie

We just bought a new kitchen range and I went to hook it up. There's a problem. There is no pipe on the back of it to connect the gas flex tube. I have looked everywhere on it, and just no pipe at all. Worse yet, the plug on this thing is way too big to fit in an outlet. In fact it even looks weird and would never fit in any outlet. I dont care about the plug because thats just for the light in the oven, but the gas problem is serious because I cant use the stove without it. The tag says Whirlpool WERE4100P Electric Range.

Reply to
married2blonde

:|

This stuff is getting more creative everyday. At least it has nothing to do with genitalia...

My recommendation is to get a hammer and beat the plug into the outlet. Then you should be able to get the light to work.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

You're kidding, right?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Come on G Henslee, stop hiding, I know that it's you!

Ignoramus9394

What was the name of that Charles Bronson movie where he liquidates a victim by filling the apartment with gas?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The Mechanic (1972) (probably, but it's been many years since I saw it)

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

On Thu 28 Jul 2005 10:10:39a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

Remove the grids over the burners and arrange a circle of charcoal briquettes around the burner. Ignite, then wait until the coals are ashen. Replace grid and cook while the fire is hot.

To heat the oven, build a charcoal fire in the storage drawer underneath the oven. Make it a rather large fire if you're going to bake for any period of time.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright