Ramset Loads Which one to use????

I need to attach a couple of 2X4's to a cement wall in the basement and I'm planning to buy the HD22 Ramset (hammer driven 22 cal. single shot , the 20 dollar cheapo) and am very confused as to which load to use to drive the 2 1/2'' pins ...Yellow,brown or green????? The 2X4's will only be supporting a 2 1/2 inch drain pipe for washer over to the septic line if that makes a difference....Thanks for any help...

I would suggest a rotary hammer & some 1/4" quik-bolts (or equal wedge anchors).
Powder actuated fasteners have their use but imo in this sortof application more trouble than their worth.
cheers Bob

I would suggest a rotary hammer & some 1/4" quik-bolts (or equal wedge anchors).
Powder actuated fasteners have their use but imo in this sortof application more trouble than their worth.
cheers Bob
If I had a rotary hammer or could afford one right now I wouldn't be asking about Ramset loads for a cheap $20. Ramset at HD...And yes I know about rentals but it's an hour drive one way to the nearest tool rental place and 15 minutes to HD who no longer rents tools for some reason..Atleast the one near me doesn't anymore...All I need to do is run a couple of 2X4's on the flat down the wall to the sewer pipe to attach an inch and a half PVC drain pipe to and if it needs a couple of legs down to the floor to help support it I'll put them on...I have plenty of scrap around and not much money right now and need it done this weekend so SWMBO can do laundry as the cellar drain can't handle it anymore and floods the cellar. Running it into the septic would bring me up to the new code for Maine as well....Stupid law I know but that is another story...LOL...
(benick) writes:
| All I need to do is run a couple of 2X4's on the | flat down the wall to the sewer pipe to attach an inch and a half PVC drain | pipe to and if it needs a couple of legs down to the floor to help support | it I'll put them on...I have plenty of scrap around and not much money right | now and need it done this weekend so SWMBO can do laundry as the cellar | drain can't handle it anymore and floods the cellar.
I don't suppose you could just hang the 2x4s from the joists of the floor above? And/or a little construction adhesive?

Sorry for the non-responsive answer. Too bad about lack of rental availability.
I figured if you were asking about which loads to use, you probably had little or no experience with powder actuated fasteners & were safer with a drill.
Maybe one of the steel installers or a co-worker with access to the tool could do a couple shots for you as a favor?
cheers Bob

For that size pin in cement, use yellow. RW
benick wrote:

Yellow is typically good. If you just rent a good Hilti nailgun for the day (DX36M is nice), you get the advantages of a trigger gun, adjustable pressure so you can dial in the proper drive level, and quieter operation.

Yellow it is...Thanks everyone......If I wasn't laid off right now I could just bring one home from work...I work for a drywall co. and we have several Hiltis for the steele framers...I tape so I don't use them as you can probably tell.......LOL....

If it is a little too hot,shoot the nails through a penny. That gives you a washer and slows them down a tad. If you are shooting into block yellow may be too hot and green not enough.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Electricians often save the knockouts from steel boxes for just such use and save the penny.

Yes, yellow assumes a solid concrete wall as the OP's post implies. A block wall is much weaker so a lighter load would be appropriate.
The nice thing with the Hilti guns is you can just stock the red loads and dial down as needed to handle most every task.