Rally Roper Lawn Tractor

peter from england -------------------------------------
Hi I have a very old Rally Roper Lawn tractor (Circa 1985)(11hp Briggs & Stratton going great guns) I wonder if anyone knows where parts can be sourced (on this occassion bearings for the cutting deck jackshafts) Can understand Rally Roper as made by the J B Foote Foundry Company in Ohio has long since ceased in the business but I believe most of the components were generic and might still be available in alternative form. Does anyone know where I might get information on compatible parts (or where secondhand bits might be available) I have the parts manual and able to identify requirements. Thanks if anyone can help - I very much want to keep this wonderful machine going!!! Peter
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 341092 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Peter Southgate wrote: ...

For just bearings, on this side of the pond I'd recommend pressing them off and taking them to the local distributorship for matching. Generally they will be a standard numbered (here Timken, or similar) bearing and can either be supplied or crossed to another manufacturer.
If they are oddball custom, finding stuff may be really tough unless there were enough of them that there's a collector's group or similar. Then it becomes a case of whether it's worth the cost of trying to machine/modify housings, etc.
Peter Southgate wrote:

Disassemble the spindles and press out the bearings. You can order bearing replacements from TEK bearing or other bearing supplier. If you need the shaft too they may carry that too or you can have them made at any machine shop. You may also be able to replace the entire spindles or jackshafts as you call them.
--
Van Chocstraw
I am replacing the belt on my roper and can't seem to get it right. I didn't see how it came off because it broke. You said that you have the manual, can you tell me how the belt goes around everything. Thanks Peter Southgate wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 362856 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##