Raleigh-Durham, NC

Is anyone here who does residential remodeling and repair from Raleigh-Durham, NC? As I have posted, I have a couple of projects beyond my meager capability. I've never met a handyman who knew what Usenet was.

Luckily some handymen know what craigslist it. Click this -
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss /
Then find this -
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/hss/1564832023.html
Good luck! Some folks that post on craigslist are flakes, so ask lots of questions.
Mike
On 1/22/2010 9:38 AM, Mike wrote:

Yeah, craigslist scares me for these sorts of things. It would be nice to find one of the very helpful and knowledgeable "regulars" here is a neighbor. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I had not thought about checking them.

My wife found some reasonably good people to put our new kitchen sink in using an internet service. I told her to check the references after they replied. She got several to respond but we went with the ones with the best reviews. (electrician and plumber)
Normally I would of installed the sink but we had to have a new outlet installed, a insta-hot water heater and the RO filter system. I didn't want to spend that much time under the sink.
I don't think I'd use cl either. Or anyone without checking them out as much as possible.
mcp6453 wrote:

I can't find ANYONE who know what Usenet is -- or even wants to know what Usenet is -- except for the person who showed me what it is years ago. Seems like it's a shame because it is such an excellent resource. I use it all the time, but only to communicate with people online who somehow already know what it is.
And, now, Windows 7 doesn't even contain a newsreader or Usenet access software.
(I just decided to post this as a new thread and continue my thoughts on this).
Angie"s List may be helpful for things such as this. BTW, I have a new computer-- about 2 months old- with Windows 7, and I can access this group. Never tried to post from it though. I will probably eventually get rid of the WebTv, but for this, and a few other things it is more convenient for me than the computer.
On 1/22/2010 10:51 AM, Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:

Thunderbird is an EXCELLENT and free news reader that can be installed on Windows 7. If you add a couple of add-ins, you can configure Thunderbird to do exactly what you want.
If anyone is interested in switch to Thunderbird, I'll be glad to post my suggestions, in a different thread.
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird /

Pretty scarce in the review department in your area, but it will give you some leads. http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=&find_loc=raleigh%2C+nc&cflt=contractors