Raising level of deck.

My deck has a ledger board lagged into the band joist of the house. I am going to build another deck to put a 3 season porch on top of it. I would like the level of the new deck to be the same level as the door, which is about 10 inches from the top of the existing ledger. . In this scenario, is the level of the deck raised? Do you build a frame on top of the existing deck frame? I think I need to have the deck lagged into the house because of the 3-season porch, but not sure. How do you guys do this?? . Thanks for your time.

Reply to
JohnnyC