Raise toilet tank water level

I have a toilet tank with a Fluidmaster 400 series float control thingie. I noticed that the water level in the tank is a bit lower than it used to be. It must have been higher when a different manufacturer float control was in there. Judging by the (for lack of a better term) erosion line, the old water level is approx. 2 to 2 1/2 inches higher. The toilet is approx. 30 years old.

I tried to fiddle with the wire link, to no avail. This is confusing to me, as I think that I am missing something.... There is that crimp, which prevents the water level adjustment clip from going past a certain point. Anyway, I found that if the link was extended (by bending the wire with two pliers), that the toilet would have less water, as the black float cup would shut the water flow valve in the fill valve top cap sooner. If I made the wire link shorter, then it is too short to shut the water flow valve. As far as I can tell, this is because the black float cup only goes up to a certain point. Help please.

The old water level line is above the whole Fluidmaster assembly. There's about two inches of headroom above it.

Thanks for any advice given.

Feedscrn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- p.s. I read an interesting article a while ago that ppl were going to Canada to buy toilets there. Apparently, they have more of a flush.

Reply to
feedscrn

If this is the unit you have.......

the whole assembly can be made taller such that the limited float travel will occur in the range that you desire.

wil that solve the problem?

YEARS ago I fiddled with a Fluidmaster...I bent the 90 deg in two places to shorten it. I had a tall toilet tank & it was before the adjustable valve bodies

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Bob,

Yes, that's the one. I did not notice the threads at the bottom in the picture before.

To adjust, it looks like I have to remove it first. All that stuff on it will not turn around in there.

Thanks, Feedscrn

BobK207 wrote:

Reply to
feedscrn

Slide the plastic sleeve/collar up and you can adjust the height without removal of the unit. Once adjusted slide the sleeve down.

-- Oren

Oren

To Bob, Oren,

I couldn't have done it without your help.

Thanks and God Bless,

Feedscrn

Reply to
feedscrn