Rainsoft Timer Motor

My wife can always tell when it's time to add salt to our Rainsoft water treatment system. A few years ago it wasn't regenerating and I found that the timer motor (Intermatic CW190) wasn't working. I replaced it and everything was fine until a week ago when she asked me to check the system. It still had salt so I manually started a regeneration cycle. The program disk got stuck in the backflush phase so I figured the timer motor must have died again. I manually rotated it through the entire cycle, and planned to do the same last night but found that it was doing fine on its own. So since the motor is not dead, I'm wondering what else might be stopping the rotation part way through the cycle.

Any ideas?

Reply to
bobneworleans

Hello! My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service and customer focus for AWTP, LLC =96 the parent company of RainSoft. We are the manufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. I would be happy to address your problem. Please feel free to contact me at snipped-for-privacy@rainsoft.com your timer issue is two fold. If the timer is not turning the time wheel then the motor may be part the issue. Based on your comment that you started it manually and it stuck in a backwash it sounds like what is called a bad index lever. If you contact me I will have one of my staff walk you though the issue and you can decide if it is something you would like to handle or have your local dealer address

Reply to
sharmon

Hello! My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service and customer focus for AWTP, LLC ? the parent company of RainSoft. We are the anufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. I would be happy to address your problem. Please feel free to contact me at snipped-for-privacy@rainsoft.com your timer issue is two fold. If the timer is not turning the time wheel then the motor may be part the issue. Based on your comment that you started it manually and it stuck in a backwash it sounds like what is called a bad index lever. If you contact me I will have one of my staff walk you though the issue and you can decide if it is something you would like to handle or have your local dealer address.

I was just about to say that! ;-)

Reply to
C & E