Rain Soft water filter

Any one have any experience with Rain Soft water filter system, a salesman was just here, very impressive demonstration but at $6,000.00 I was not going to commit with out farther research, he was not to happy that I did not sign up but even though I liked the system I couldn't buy something for that much money with out more info, he didn't understand that, to bad Joe

Reply to
Joe
6000, Six Thousand, for what, a city water filter. For City water 60$ will do you fine. What are you getting for 6000, a swamp purifier?
Reply to
m Ransley

IMO, Rain Soft is the water equivalent of book salesmen, tinmen and gypsy driveway renovators.

You can get a system that will do the same thing for a tiny fraction of that.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

overpriced high pressure sales...

shop elsewhere...

Reply to
hallerb

I don't know anything about Rain Soft, but I do know about those sorts of sale tactics. Reputable salespeople aren't going to pressure you to buy the same day. If they have confidence in the product or service they're selling, they won't fear further investigation and comparison. Another tactic is the "today only" discount. They try to inspire fear that you're going to miss a deal. The presentations are going to be impressive, that's the hook. The big question is if the product is impressive, especially down the line.

An old acquaintance got involved with a certain vacuum company that employed similar methods. We agreed to an in-home demonstration against my better judgment. The training salesperson asked questions that only left one option, told us he was only able to offer a special rate on that visit, and when we said we weren't interested, he made a big deal of packing everything back up. "I don't have to put these back in the box very often!" He certainly did that day.

Reply to
Mark Cato