Rain ruined my lawn

For the past four weeks there has been no rain and the lawn growth was stunted. It turned brown it spots, but did not grow and did not need cutting. IMO, that makes a great summer.
A couple of days of rain ruined all that. The lawn is turning green and I just spend the past 45 minutes mowing the back. Front will take another 20-30 minutes. How can I prevent this from happening again? Will putting down tarps before the rain fall help? Spray on some sort of sealer? I don't use fertilizer, but it grows anyway. Ed
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Pave over it
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Easy, you need a roof over your lawn!
Man, it sounds like you got a personal
problem ,friend............

Buy a few goats.
AMUN
Learn from the Australians: pour concrete and paint it green. (May be less common now, but I saw a lot of it in Adelaide 40 years ago.)
Perce
On 09/03/05 09:52 am Edwin Pawlowski tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Spread an old pool cover or if you can find a large enough piece of bubble wrap over the area you want to brown. This method is VERY effective on warm sunny days also.
Bill
On Sat 03 Sep 2005 06:52:52a, Edwin Pawlowski wrote in alt.home.repair:

Eletrolysis might help. Kill each root!
--
Wayne Boatwright **
Edwin Pawlowski wrote: