Rain Gutters K style

Had a new roof put on. Tore off old one. The drip edge is tight against the fascia. ( should be offset) I was thinking of putting gutter covers on. This to make sure the water tension got into the gutter and not running down the fascia. I heard the covers could void the shingle warranty. (I used GAF 30yr.) I guess something about the cover slip under first shingle. My other option would be slip a second drip edge under and forget about. Any one have experience with this problem?
Thanks TP
In a previous posting, Usenet was endowed with the following text from

I think you're right. A solid cover would likely cause problems, unless there is a real steep pitch to keep rain from backing up under the shingles.