Rain Gutter joint Sealer needed

I have a rain gutter connection, that doesn't fit well, basically because the joint is at a 45* angle, instead of 90*.

So, I need some gooey, sticky Sealer recommendations I can try.

thanks marc

Reply to
21blackswan

Hi, You can find exactly what you need t HD or Lowe store.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The only thing that will work well is butyl rubber gutter and lap sealant. Tell Google "butyl rubber caulk"

It impossible to wipe or strike this caulk for a smooth pretty joint. Do not put on the outside of the joint, clean and do a good job on the inside. If you can get the joint apart, clean and apply the caulk in the lap almost like glue, then pop rivet the joint, then apply a generous amount of caulk to the inside surfaces.

Reply to
DanG

*Check out GE Silicone II Gutter and Flashing caulk. It is available at Home Depot.

John Grabowski

Why do I keep thinking of marine goop ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yea, the butyl rubber gutter and lap sealant is the recommended product for gutters. But it is messy stuff to work with.

I've used it, it seems to hold up pretty well.

Reply to
homeowner