Rain Barrel Filled with Ground Water?

Page 2 of 2

Or HD motorcycles?
Harry K
On 1/6/2011 8:06 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

You got something against smoke filled wires? My 70 MGB always put me in touch with the road, if it was cold and rainy outside, it was cold and rainy inside.
Jeff
Edge wrote the following:

Where are you? If you are in the northeast US, you better find a very sturdy barrel. Up here the temp has been in the single digits, teens, and 20s for most of the last few weeks and everything outside that had water in it (ponds, pools, birdbaths, etc.) is now solid ice.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That is a bit overly paranoid.
Harry K

I side with the folks who say yes go ahead that water should be fine, at least for lawn and flowers. One thing I have noticed with my sump, though, is that the water in the sump well is not always completely clear; sometimes it has a little suspended dirt (i.e. it's a little murky). Nothing wrong with that either but it might tend to settle out and form a layer of sludge in the bottom of your barrel. Just something to check for - if that happens you might need to stir it up or flush the barrel out once in a while. -- H