Rag wire for old Pull-Down Lamp - restoration

Looking for a source for a highly-flexible stranded three-conductor wire for a 1930's or 1940's pull-down ceiling lamp. The original wire is wrapped around an enclosed and counter-sprung spool/pulley between the ceiling and the fixture, allowing the lamp to be pulled down for brighter surface lighting. Tho now frayed, the wire is finely woven fabric covered and has managed to cycle over the spool thousands of times, so it must be an especially flexible cord. Cannot find anything on google nor google groups! If this topic is better addressed to another newsgroup, pls let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
Roger

I think that I know the fixture type that you are referring to. You best bet is taking it to someone who repairs and restores lighting fixtures and lamps or a supply house that sells parts for lighting fixtures. That person could tell you where to get the wire. I suspect that the fabric cloth type will not be available anymore and will have to be substituted with a vinyl jacketed wire.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Try

Their catalog shows antique rayon covered lamp wire in a couple of different colors.

Reply to
Lee & Cathi Thomas

replying to Roger, meg levitt wrote: if you found it, tell me where!!

Reply to
meg levitt

replying to Roger, meg levitt wrote: if you found it, tell me where!!

Reply to
meg levitt

Try here:

2 or 3 wire, cotton outer braid, sold by foot or reel
Reply to
Grampy