Radon Remediation Pulling Water into the basement

I just had a radon remediation put in and it dawned on me that this vacuum effect could actually pull water up and into the basement in the spring. Is the fan powerful enough to do that?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Reply to
endyke

For that to happen your ears would pop when the fan was running and even some single pane windows might collapse. In other words, the laws of physics apply here: the pressure differential between outside and inside that might affect the water table is minute. Take of your roof runoff, outside grading and you will be OK. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

What I have seen of a radon "remediation" job, it seems "they" drill some holes in the slab and apply vacuum. Seems to me that if there was any water under the slab it might be sucked up a few inches. The vacuum isn't applied to the living space but to the underside of the slab.

If you have ground water problems and a sump pump, the odds are that the water will tend to collect it and the sump pump will set in outside.

Reply to
John Gilmer